From the desk of the Principal:
We are in the spring semester and there is a great deal going on at the High School during this time of year. Our seniors will begin to make final plans for their post-secondary options as many college acceptance letters come in during this month. With students in grades 9-11 preparing for their futures by finalizing scheduling plans for next year with an eye on preparing for post-secondary pursuits, I want to highlight two important events for students and parents:
College Admission Information Night; March 4th: Underclassmen (and their parents) interested in attending college in their future have a great opportunity coming up with the College Admissions Information Night. This year the presentation for area HS students will be held in the Hilton HS Auditorium on Tuesday, March 4th at 6:45pm. Many college admissions directors present and answer questions from students and parents at this info night.
National College Fair: We also endorse the National College Fair at the Riverside Convention Center in Rochester, which is on Monday, March 17th (we bus HS juniors who sign up and have parent permission slips turned in to the counseling office by Mon. March 10th). At the National College Fair, there are opportunities for parents to attend workshops ranging from the college application process to financial aid information, while students can visit the more than 250 college and university representatives that will have display booths set up. It’s a great chance to get started on the college search process and it’s never too early. Families can attend together on Sunday, March 16th from 1:00-3:30PM with workshops (financial aid etc.) for parents and for students.
Other March Highlights:
· Hilton Wrestlers are NYS CHAMPS!
The Hilton HS Varsity Wrestling Team won its first ever, team state championship on Saturday, March 1st in Albany. Congratulations to head coach Craig Gross on this outstanding accomplishment. We had 2 individual state champs as well; freshman, Yanni Diakomihalis and senior, Vincent DePrez. Anthony and Lou DePrez took 2nd and 3rd overall respectively. An amazing season for our Hilton Wrestlers!
· Drumline Show. Hilton HS hosted our annual Winter Percussion Show on Saturday, March 1st at the HS gym. It was another fine showing for our drumline as we prepare for upcoming NYS and regional competitions. Highlights included the unveiling of their “World Championship” banner at this year’s event.
· “Tuesday Night Live” – This year,our annual improve comedy show will be held on Wednesday, March 5th at 7PM. Plan to come out to see our talented students and staff in this fun event.
· Senior Bash will be Friday, March 14th. This parent sponsored “lock-in” all night event will take place again this year at the Total Sports Experience (TSE) facility on Elmgrove Road. This annual “senior bash” is a great event for our seniors to have fun together in a safe environment and is always a highlight of their senior year. Thank you to all the parents and staff members who volunteer their time and efforts to put on this fun event for our seniors!
· PLAN test at Hilton HS. Saturday, March 15th. This “pre-ACT” college test is targeted for current 10th graders. Sign up in the HS Counseling office.
· HS Vocal Concert: March 19th at 7PM – HS Aud.
· HS Parent Forum: March 20th at 7:00PM. HS Main Office.
Thanks for supporting HHS.
Brian Bartalo; Principal
The HS Parent Newsletter is now being e-mailed home as well as published on this site, it will no longer be mailed. If you want a hard copy, one will be available in the HS Main Office, you can have your student stop by and pick it up. If you do not have a current e-mail listed on your childs records, please e-mail HSParents leaving your e-mail address along with your student(s) name. We will update our records.
Change of Family Information
If your family's address, home phone number, cell numbers, work phone numbers, email addresses, or any other information pertaining to your family situation changes or needs updating, please call Linda Maslyn in the Counseling Office, 392-1000, ext. 2053. Proof of residency is required for any change of address. Addresses will not be changed until proof of residency is confirmed. Keeping your family information current helps to ensure that you receive any information that is mailed out during the school year.
New students to our district will need to register at our Census Office located at 225 West Ave., Hilton, NY. Parents will need to provide student's original birth certificate, immunization records, proof of residency, custody or guardianship papers and address of the last school attended. Student's report card and any special education services received by the student are helpful, if available. Please call Dawn Blodgett at 392-1000, ext. 7031 with questions regarding registration or to have a registration packet mailed to you.